PTZ camera control software and apps open up the possibility to control your camera remotely. In professional settings, the software is often run over a local area network and may be responsible for maintaining a wide range of cameras at once.
However, you may be able to use a PTZ camera control app that allows for an easier time checking and controlling the camera, especially when it’s used for security and surveillance.
How Do You Program a PTZ Camera
Cameras come with instructions on how to program them optimally. Ideally, a camera will come programmed and require just a quick setup to get started. The traditional camera requires you to:
- unpack everything;
- connect the camera to your network router or switch;
- run the upgrade tool to find the device on your network;
- once found on the network, click on the device to configure it;
- set the IP address;
- run the camera settings.
You can now start using the control software or app to properly setup your camera and begin using it. Apps are available for both iOS and Android, and in production settings, it’s common to use advanced PC software.
Top 3 PTZ Camera Apps for Android
Are you looking for a PTZ camera app for Android? If so, there are many great, new options that allow you to apply apps on your device. A few of the best apps include:
- TinyCAM is a monitor app that uses IP to connect the camera and device. The app boasts motion detection, video recording, two-way audio, home screen widgets and even allows you to use a web server for viewing and playback.
- IP Cam Viewer Pro is another app designed to help you control a PTZ camera. You can run continuous recording on all cameras on the network, and motion detection is also available. For better security, group cameras together.
- ONVIF IP Camera Monitor supports PTZ camera, multi-window views, widgets for your home screen, and the app will also provide auto camera adding to your network.
Of course, these are just a few of the PTZ apps for Android.
3 Best PTZ Camera Apps for iPhones
What is the best PTZ camera app on iPhone? There are a lot. However, we have 3 main apps that we think outperform the competition:
- PanTiltZoom is well-known and will use the VISCA Over IP protocol to connect to your camera. The multitouch interface empowers you by offering to pan, tilt or zoom the camera(s) on your network.
- Streamie is available on the iPhone and can control 10 or more cameras at once. A streamlined setup and many features make this an app ideal for PTZ camera users.
- TinyCam for iOS is available, and while it offers many of the same features as its Android counterpart, it is not as well-rated.
Apple users that prefer the iOS operating system will benefit from using one of these apps.
PTZ Camera Control Software for PC
PTZ control software empowers you to use a Windows PC to operate one or many cameras. While there are many options available, we recommend our PTZ control software for Windows.
You can learn more about the software here.
Pan tilt zoom apps and software are advancing. While there are a lot of great options available, you’ll find professional studios rely on computer software rather than apps for their camera control needs.